December 21, 2013

Fa La La La

1. I spent the last week trying to get our Christmas card done.
Every dia I tried and every dia I failed.
I even went to Walmart with both the girls in tow while the boys were at school thinking I could create one reeeeaal real quick. "No way," a crying Grace and a clinging Hope screamed! So last night as I was driving around doing last minute Christmas errands, I resolved myself to NO Boda Christmas card with the faces of my children on it this year.
Well... then at 1 in the morning when I was wrapping up my happenings from store to store, I got a second wind and veered into Walgreens determined to create a Happy Birthday Jesus card. And BAM! I did it.

Awwwe, success. It feels so good.   

2. With that exciting news aside (ha!) it must be said that two of our favorite people are in town for Christmas!
Father Zyg is back from Rome, which means that we get to have Mass in our home with our favorite priest. Quite the Christmas present and just what the doctor ordered for me to truly focus on the true meaning of the season and not succumb to my crazy ways (see #1) of holiday business. 

3. Also, Aunt Mag is home! 
Grace is in Maggie heaven, per this heavenly picture. 


4. Instagram has been capturing some fun happenings for me and my littles. 

Grace insisted on wearing this shirt today (eye roll). In the period of a 5 minute spam she said: "Happy Halloween, Santa." And then: "Baby Jesus likes to trick or treat."She then asked me to take a picture with her Christmas shirt by the tree. Obviously, I am doing a stellar job with kids this advent season.

5.
All the guys went out on a kayak trip for the afternoon. As the girls and I watched them paddle in, I saw that Isaiah was riding in his very own kayak. It was a proud moment for this momma!

6. I captured some pictures of the girls the other day on their favorite rock in da whole wide world. 

Overload of pictures? Probably, but I just couldn't make up my mind which one I like the best.

Ta ta and Fa la la for now.

5 comments :

  1. I love those matching outfits pictures with Grace and Hope! Way too cute! And, nothing wrong with a Halloween Santa. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it isn't overload! I love those rock pictures--they are all so precious.

    I, too, was going to give up on the family Christmas card this year. We had a wedding in early December and I was determined to wait until I got a copy of the picture the professional photographer took of our whole crew to make a card--but I have no idea how long it'll be before I can get my hands on one of those. Then last night I decided to go to Walgreen's--but it was earlier than 1:00 a.m. and I visited them on-line. My cards are going to be ready for pick-up today at the Walgreen's about two miles from my house, and now I'm so glad I decided to push through and do them!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One Merry Christmas would have been sufficient I guess. That was a little typo--but I suppose you can never hear that phrase enough!

      Delete
  3. And by the way: Grace and Hope, I love those names! We had only boys, but if #5 had been a girl, he was going to be Mary Grace (nicknamed Gracie). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!!!
    And there could never be too many pictures!
    Have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I la la love to hear from you!