February 1, 2013

7 quick takes

Joining Jennifer for the first time in 7 Quick Takes.

-1-
Hmmm... where to start. Is it sad to say I am looking forward to seeing what Beyonce brings?? Yes, probably. Here's to hoping she will be somewhat clothed...


-2-
Mags and mom came down for a visit this past Sunday and Monday. The kids were in Heaven. When I told Grace that Aunt Mags and Grammy were coming, she screamed such a high pitched scream that it made Isaac cry. Then she did it again when I told her Mia (her 3 year old cousin) was coming too. Making Isaac cry again. Poor Doggie (his oh-so-endearing nickname from Grace).




-3-
Matt is going to the Super Bowl this weekend for a "work trip". Nice, huh. So me on my own with all 4 kids... yes, I am going to Tampa where my mom, dad, brothers, sister, and sister-in-law will help entertain the little ones/watch them for me when I need to take a nap or a break. I do indeed lead the good life.


-4-
One of my best friends, Sahmy, just started a blog. Yeah!! I loved her post of her adorable little Addie saying, "Mare, Mare." Check it out!

-5-
Hope is officially out of newborn clothes. She is also enjoying a new view of the world through her bumbo. I think she likes it. And I just love her, seriously, I can't get enough.


-6-
Matt and I celebrated 8 years of dating this past Tuesday. Matt spoke a little about it here. We left all the kids at home, including baby Hope, and sprinted to the beach (before her next appointed feeding time). We had a fabulous time. I really did marry up. He is so good.


-7- 
Feel free to skip this one. I'll end with something pretty boring, I mean, exciting. In one of my first posts I wrote about a sinus infection and trying to cure it with shots of Apple Cider Vinegar. Well... I think it worked and I can't stop talking about it. I am warning you though, that chugging a tablespoon of ac vinegar is like the worst tasting thing I have ever done. Buutt if it keeps me functioning and taking care of the family, then I do it. Off to take another shot...



6 comments :

  1. You are so lucky to have family around that help out! I have tons of family around but...well not helpful because everyone has their own kids.

    That vinegar trick sounds disgusting, I'll just keep drinking my emergen-C, thankyouverymuch!

    And I love that you call Sarah "Sahmy" we only know her as Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colleen, I know I do feel blessed. It does take me all day to get packed to go up there, but it is worth. The kids are beside themselves every time we go :).

      Yes, if emergen-C works, stay with it, the vinegar is the worst. I am going to try yours!

      I am loving that Sahmy is blogging!!

      Delete
  2. I love ACV!! We use it all the time and it is highly effective for sinus infections!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I hit publish before I finished this. I meant to write that if you mix it with honey, it's a lot more palatable. Cinnamon helps too!

      Delete
    2. Amelia! Thank you, thank you for the tip, why have I not thought of that. I am so glad to hear I am not the only one doing this. It has been the only thing that has kept me off of an antibiotic for the last month!!

      Delete
  3. The Doggie thing really is the cutest!
    I'm sure you're on your way to Tampa, so I hope you guys have fun!
    I can't believe of ALL the things you have going on every week, you mention me in your quick 7 - too funny and so cute!
    I love that Hope is out of newborn clothes, when AJ was never really in them to begin with! haha love that pic of her!
    And yes, Matt really is the best!
    AND Bill wanted me to tell you that he had to take ACV every day growing up and he would shoot it with a little sip of orange juice - which helped a little - but like Colleen, I like emergen-C.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I la la love to hear from you!