April 16, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Easy Gourmet Creamy Fish

Here goes another stab at a cooking post from one who really doesn't know what she is talking about. With that said, I made some killa fish tonight. It is so EASY and definitely husband and kid approved.

First, I must give credit where credit is due-- Thank you mom for the recipe (as are 90% of the meals I make). You just seem to have this way in which you make magic happen in the kitchen for all 20 of us who sit at your dinning room table. 

This dish in particular is Matt's favorite and it is as simple as eating a piece (or 2) of pie.

Here at Team Boda we love fresh caught, wild fish. Every time I visit Cosco I scower the fish aisle to see if any wild ones are packaged up. Today I hit gold. This white fish is called corvina and it is extremely mild and so de-lish. 

Ingredients: 
Slab of white fish: I used corvina fillet.

Package of Boursin Cheese: I used around an 1/8 of the package, but it just depends on how much fish you are baking. This cheese can be purchased at Cosco (and I am sure other groceries if you don't want 4 packages). I used the Garlic and Fine Herbs flavor. 

Directions: 
1. Place fish on a baking pan that is covered in parchment paper.

2. Then put a thin (resist the urge to put too much) layer of this dreamy cheese on top. It is a little messy, but just rub it on. 

3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (my oven is heat challenged, so I cooked it at 400).
4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until fish is flakey. 


 Bam. Done. How easy can you get?  Seriously, its worth a try.

 **My kids don't really like the cheese, they say its spicy (which it's not, they just say "its spicy" for any food or flavor that they don't like), but they loved the fish with just salt, pepper, and a little bit of lemon juice squeezed on top. Easy Peasy.**

3 comments :

  1. Whaaaaat that sounds DELISH!

    So trying this for our meatless Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so GOOD! Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I la la love to hear from you!