April 9, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Peanut Butter Cookie 3 ingredients

One of my best friends, who writes here, posted a Tasteful Tuesday awhile back, so I thought I would follow in her footsteps.

First I must say that this mamma ain't no a cook. Nope, and not a baker either.  But, over the last 7 years I have learned to cook out of the pure necessity of 5 hungry people in my kitchen. I have found that my favorite foods to make for my peeps are ones that are easy, healthy, and quick to throw together. (Matt and Isaac are strictly gluten free and pretty much dairy free, so our foods have to fall into that category as well).

I stumbled upon this recipe from a blog that I have discovered and really enjoy reading called Time Flies When You're Having Babies. It is a three ingredient cookie recipe, that is really tasty and somewhat healthy!

So without further ramblings here is the recipe that I stole found.

3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies: 

1. 1 cup of peanut butter (I used 1/2 almond butter and 1/2 peanut butter)
2. 1 cup of powdered sugar
3. 2 egg whites (I used 1 whole egg)

Blend and bake @350 for 6-8 minutes (my oven took 10 minutes).



So easy, right? And very healthy for a cookie! The kids loved them and got lots of protein (almond butter and peanut butter), keeping them full and satisfied.

Try em' and let me know what you think.

2 comments :

  1. We make those all the time...except I use 1 cup of regular sugar and 1 egg. It's SO easy and so, so good! And, you can mix the recipe up for fun...I've made them into sandwich cookies, putting a whipped cream filling in the middle. I've made a well in the center and filled with jam for a pb and j cookie. For a treat, you can stick a hershey's kiss in the center..or chocolate chips or other candy. My kids make them all by themselves..and they always turn out great.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I la la love to hear from you!